This webpage is for our managers and colleagues to answer some of the frequently asked questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19). The guidance is in line with government advice and ACAS and will be regularly reviewed and updated by the Board.
We have published a series of Q&As which address questions in relation to furlough and flexi-furlough, self-isolation and contact tracing, as well as other general queries. For the most up to date guidance and information, please refer to the Q&As linked below or, if your question is not covered, email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keeping you in the know
We are continually monitoring the latest government advice and are committed to keeping you updated. Please check back regularly for the latest updates; the latest messages for Team Hendy can be found below.
Guidance on how to access emails (25/03/2020)
Covid Travel Restrictions (06/10/2020)
Social Media Guidelines for Colleagues
You can find links to the company car business mileage and expenses forms below. Once complete, please send them to your manager for approval, copying in email@example.com
Electric Vehicle Business Mileage Form
Business Mileage Form Guidance
Expense Claim Form
Please take the time to watch a series of communications we have broadcast to customers relating to what they can expect when visiting our sales and service departments.
Tips for working from home
- Establishing a good routine for yourself can help enormously, e.g. dressing for work, sticking to your usual working hours and taking regular breaks, including your full lunch break
- Communication is key - having regular phone or video contact with your colleagues can help reduce any feelings of isolation
- Stay in the know - any changes in company policy or official government guidelines will be regularly communicated with you through your line managers, site champions and this webpage, so please check back regularly for updates.
For more advice and tips on working from home, you can find our colleague guidance document HERE.
Everyone at some point in their lives will be affected by poor mental health, whether that's through personal experience or supporting someone else. We encourage our colleagues to talk and seek the support they need, when they need it. It is particularly vital at the moment that you feel able to reach out for help. Please see our Support section for details of who you can turn to for further support and advice.
Read our colleague wellbeing document HERE.
In times of adversity, it is important to separate the information that is factual and useful from the fiction that circulates online, inevitably fuelling the rumour mill. The Government recommends ignoring all sources of information on health that aren't officially sanctioned by either the UK Government or the NHS.
For official advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19), please see:
Social distancing advice
BEN is the official charity for the motor industry and they can offer support and advice on a variety of things from anxiety, depression, bereavement, money worries, sleep, loneliness and self-care. Their website is HERE.
Money worries can be really stressful, especially if a household's income has decreased because of furlough. Even if you are feeling financially stable at the moment, it always pays to plan ahead. BEN has shared some great tools to help you manage your money & prepare for the next few months HERE.
BEN has launched a new, free to access platform to help you manage your mental health and wellbeing. If you're feeling as if some independent support may help you visit ben.org.uk/silvercloud to sign up free today.
With Perkbox, your exclusive benefits provider, we want to support your financial, physical, and emotional wellbeing whenever you need it.
That means you have access to an exclusive app that offers discounts to your favourite brands, an online workout and wellness platform, and an employee assistance programme. This is our way of saying thank you for all your hard work.
- Health Assured (EAP) - our Employee Assistance Programme offers 24/7 financial and emotional support both online and on the phone through Health Assured. There is also an online portal full of resources including four-week support programmes, webinars, health checks and much more.
- BOXX - stay fit anytime, anywhere with Boxx's online workout platform - the perfect at-home workout. Claim your free membership and start training. The classes combine yoga, strength training, boxing, HIIT training, meditation, cardio and nutrition to help you stay healthy while at home. No equipment or gym membership required!
- Upskill, learn and unwind - keep your mind busy with these perks
- Free film rental through Rakuten TV
- Savings on food shopping at the major supermarkets, and discounts on take-aways delivered to your door
- To get the most out of your membership, go to hendygroup.perkbox.com/signup and enter our code "HENDYPERK" to get yourself set up. Be sure to download the Perkbox v2 app, which lets you enjoy your perks anytime with just a few taps. You'll have access to over 200 employee benefits, discounts and freebies... enjoy!
If you have a question you can't find an answer to by using the Q&A, please email the relevant address below. You can expect a response within 48 hours.
HR - firstname.lastname@example.org
Payroll - email@example.com
Company Vehicle Unit - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities, property or insurance queries (John Hendy) - email@example.com
To log a call with IT go to - https://helpdesk.hendy.co.uk - or click on to the link at the top of the Intranet page ("HELPDESK")
The list of site champions can be found here.
As we prepare to return to work, please find below a document that lists the processes and protocols that we are putting into place to ensure the safety of our colleagues and customers. It is important that you read this before returning to work.
In addition this, the following risk assessments have been produced for each of the distinct business areas, please take the time to read those that are relevant to your role:
For further information please visit;